Hi everyone! It’s been two weeks since I posted, but it seems like forever. I missed you!
These past couple weeks have been hectic, to say the least. Work is extremely busy, and paired with my training schedule (and trying to maintain somewhat of a social life), it’s been quite the journey. But I’m happy to say that I’ve kept up with workouts, and last Saturday, I ran six miles for the first time in a while, and it felt great. I almost forgot the sense of accomplishment that comes with running for a full hour.
And thankfully, my running buddy and I got our run out of the way before the crazy snow came! What in the world was that all about? I know earlier this year I wrote a blog post about how we should all stop complaining about the cold weather, but now it’s official. I’m over it.
And most importantly, so is Timmy. I mean, just look at that face! He wants absolutely nothing to do with it. Unamused.
And just like that, the skies cleared, and it was warmer. The warm breeze and sun yesterday got me thinking Spring. Here are a few things I plan to do to make this season a great one:
- Go to the zoo. I want to take Nick’s niece to see all the animals. The zoo is always fun, but even more so with little kids!
- Clean and organize. Warmer weather inspires me to Spring clean. I can’t wait to throw my windows open and get my entire place sparkling.
- Have a drink on a patio. Nothing beats the warm sun on your face and a margarita in your hand.
- Run, run, run! It will be SO nice to not bundle up for our Saturday morning runs and get stung with the cold air. Bring on the shorts.
- Find a new home! It’s time, people! We’re starting the search this Friday, and by early summer, I’ll be saying goodbye to my bachelor(ette) pad. Bitter sweet.
- Drink iced coffee! After every Saturday run, we go to Dunkin’ Donuts, but it’s been so cold lately, I haven’t had it in me to get my drink iced. I can’t wait to go back to my tried and true!
What can’t you wait to do this Spring?
Have a great week!