Last week, I mentioned I was in the process of developing a “30 before 30” list. I’m only 27 (my half birthday was earlier this week!), but time is a’ticking to the big 3-0. I don’t know if it’s the organized Virgo in me or my general passion for lists, but when the girls got to talking in Vegas about a 30 before 30 checklist, I squealed a little bit inside.
I must say, writing this list was a kind of hard. Thinking of 30 things I want to do is challenging, and the thought of trying to accomplish all of them in 2 ½ years is daunting! However, this list varies from big goals to small ideas I’d love to do. I’m sharing 10 of them below, as some of these goals are personal and just for me, myself and I to know. I strongly encourage you to make a list like this. It really helped me evaluate how I’m spending my time, how much I’ve already accomplished and how much I want to live your best life! Here goes nothing…
A Glimpse of My 30 Before 30 List
- Go to Europe again. I’m lucky enough to have gone to Europe twice, but I would love to go again, especially with Nick. Countries on my list to visit are Italy (again!), Spain and Germany. And if I can’t make it to Europe, I hope I get the chance to go somewhere far away from home I’ve never been before. Hawaii? Jamaica? Those will do too.
- Make my new house a home. In June, I’m moving in with my man! And it’s a top priority that I make our new place our “home.” My apartment feels like my home now, but I can’t wait to combine our things, create our own style and build our oasis from the ground up. Fair warning: There may be some posts this summer about decorating!
- Host a holiday. Once we are in our new home, I’d love to host a holiday. Nothing makes me happier than having all the people I love in my home, laughing, eating and making memories.
- Run another half marathon … and PR! I’d like to run at least one more half marathon before I’m 30, and this time, I want to beat my personal record. Perhaps I’ll get a running start with this 10 miler? Pun intended.
- Learn how to meditate. I love yoga and have always read about the benefits of meditating, but now it’s time to give it a try.
- Get my body to where I want it. And keep it there. I’m close, but once I get to where I want to be, no more falling off the bandwagon. I feel my best when I’m working out and eating clean, so I need to do this for myself.
- Save, save, save. Now more than ever, I have things I want to save for—a house to buy, trips to take, a family to build. Time to get hunker down and save some serious dough.
- Do something completely out of my comfort zone. I’m not sure what that means, but when the opportunity arises, I’ll know. In the past, I’ve ziplined, climbed up a Swiss mountain, gone rock climbing… and I’ve never regretted any of them. So next time I’m asked if I want to do something exciting, I’m saying YES!
- Keep this blog going strong. Like I’ve said before, writing for this blog makes my heart happy. And it’s so special to be able to look back on my life and see my thoughts. I want to keep writing and make this blog better and better.
- Do a “staycation” in Cleveland. I love my city, but there are so many places I’ve never been! I’d love to take a long weekend, spend a night at a fancy hotel and hit up one of the many great restaurants we have here in CLE. ♡
I hope this list gets you thinking about what you want to do before you turn whatever age.
What’s on your list?