Hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather!
This weekend, I felt lazy. Like, didn’t want to move off my couch to make myself a cup of coffee lazy. I think it’s because we in the professional “9-5” world tend to use up all our energy during the week. Back-to-back meetings followed by late nights catching up on emails and trying to squeeze in cooking, working out … it’s exhausting. By the time I hit the sheets on Friday night, I’m d.o.n.e.
But I think that’s OK—right? We all need time to relax, and let’s face it—sometimes, giving your body rest is more beneficial than putting it through a strenuous workout (in my opinion). So on Saturday morning, when I wasn’t in the mood for a run, I turned on a Pandora yoga music station to get me in the “Namaste” mood and made up my own sequence.
I feel like yoga can go one of two ways for me, depending on the day. It can be extremely relaxing and easy to flow through or challenging to quiet my mind. This Saturday, it was the later.
It’s truly amazing what can go through your mind while you’re trying to silence it during yoga. Things like:
- Oh my Lord, look at my carpeting. When was the last time I vacuumed? I need to do that immediately after I’m done with this. In fact, I wish I were done now, so I can just get my Hoover out.
- I really shouldn’t have had that second glass of wine last night. Seriously, it probably added another 200 calories to my dinner and barely gave me a buzz. Plus I shared that pumpkin cheesecake. I’m done eating for the weekend.
- Well, but I did run 13 miles on Sunday, less than a week ago. That has to count for something. I deserved that second glass!
- I wonder what pumpkin recipes I can make next week. My mom made these Weight Watchers pumpkin muffins, and they were so good!
- I can hear my sink dripping from here. I need to call my landlord again.
So much for finding my chi. At least I got a workout in and my apartment is cleaner.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Tomorrow’s my first barre workout—expect a full report Wednesday!